Wednesday 8 October 2014

The boyfriend shirt


I have a penchant for white pieces.

Lately I have fallen in love with basics, particularly white ones. From my never-ending pursuit of the perfect WHITE crop-top, to ankle-length skinny distressed WHITE jeans, to the oversized crisp WHITE shirt. For someone who constantly favours bold colours, I am absolutely loving white this season. 

The boyfriend shirt is a classic and a wardrobe staple, which has been on my lust-list since the dawn of time. I have always find the combination of dishevelled hair, ankle-length skinny ripped jeans, oversized boyfriend shirt and slip-on sneakers effortlessly chic and timeless. And undoubtedly comfy.

For last week's outfit however, I styled the white boyfriend shirt a little differently - with a jersey dress, sandals and gold jewellery. Simples pieces in simple palettes. Somehow, the ‘oversize’ effect made the shirt very structured and blazer-like! 







As always, photos are by my amazing sister, Grace. You can check out her new blog here! She's a talented little artist too! 

Til’ next time!

xx
Carmen

Top: ZARA boyfriend shirt
Dress: Uniqlo jersey dress
Shoes: COS black leather criss-cross block heeled sandals
Bag: Mulberry mini-Bayswater in tan
Accessories: Ray-bans sunnies, Chanel earrings, vintage gold bracelet, Topshop layered gold chain, vintage gold bracelet

No comments:

Post a Comment