Sunday 14 September 2014

Printed cushion covers with Chinese art


I received these beautiful cushion covers from my aunty the other week. Aren’t they lovely? :)

These beauties feature the work of a Cantonese artist. The prints are of the revered mythological creatures/animals in Chinese folklore, drawn in simple lines and painted in limited array of bold colours. The covers are made with thick cotton materials, which help to retain the shape of the inserts. 

When I first saw them in my aunt’s house, I thought they looked rather unique and interesting because of the Chinese minority drawing style. I find them rather compatible with a light grey or vintage grey blue couch, adding a bit of character to the modern piece. 
Oh I can just so picture it. =)

Til’ next time!

xx

Carmen





No comments:

Post a Comment