Sunday 24 August 2014

McQueen for Spring


I took a walk down the memory lane by visiting my alma mater, The University of Sydney. 
Sunday was very much a Spring teaser - it was warm, blue skies and sunny. The balmy 20-something-degrees weather was an incentive for me to take those gorgeous Alexander McQueen pumps out for a spin. Nonetheless, this week’s lazy Sunday location was at the beautiful Sydney University Great Hall. It was rather befitting to wear a great pair of shoes to match the location, aye?

The McQueen pumps are one of my most-prized possessions. I simply love the excellent craftsmanship and elaborate details. The style is similar to court shoes in the Tudor-period, which is famous for its elaborate, beautiful and ornate clothing and accessories. The black velvet fabric, together with the mini-pearls, blood diamanté and the intricate gold embroidery give this statement piece a posh yet romantic vibe that is so reflective of the Tudor England fashion. But the 4 inch stiletto heels represent McQueen’s modern-take on the medieval court shoes. 

To keep the silhouette of my outfit simple, I styled my statement shoes with my mother’s vintage custom-made white pencil skirt, a cornflower blue denim shirt, a black cardigan and a statement necklace. I find the vibe of the outfit rather appropriate against the Harry Potter-esque backdrop. 

As always, my lovely sis took all these photos with much patience and passion. Please do go and check out her blog here. She's an amazing person. <3

Til next time!

x
Carmen







Top: Uniqlo basic cardigan in black and Uniqlo blue denim shirt
Bottom: Vintage custom-made pencil skirt
Shoes: Alexander McQueen Embroidered Pointy Pumps
Accessories: agnès b. clutch, agnès b. bangles, Sportsgirl chain necklace

No comments:

Post a Comment