Sunday 27 July 2014

Leopard-print love


A leopard-print coat. Too flashy?

The beautiful Sydney weather today is very much like spring: warm and clear, blue skies. As winter is almost coming to an end (only a bit over a month to go until spring comes around again), I decided to take my collarless leopard-print coat out for a spin. To be honest, it’s been over four months since I bought this coat, and I have only ever worn it once. A bit of a waste, don’t you think?

Leopard-print can be quite tricky to wear - over-styling it with flamboyant pieces can be hugely tacky and distasteful. So a balance is a must and my rule is to keep things simple: the coat is ‘the statement’. 

I styled my collarless leopard-print coat with a trans-seasonal Muji cornflower blue shirt dress, black knee-high socks and black leather Stuart 5050. Pulling the outfit together with some simple gold & silver jewellery and the Prada Saffiano.

So what do you think? =)






Coat: Marcs 
Dress: Muji shirt-dress in cornflower blue
Shoes: Stuart Weitzman 5050 in black leather
Bag: Prada Saffiano Lux Tote
Accessories: Ray-ban Wayfarer sunnies, assorted gold and silver rings, T&C pearl earrings and necklace


As always, big thanks to my dearest sister, Grace, for her endless effort in helping me out with everything that goes into this blog from IT issues to ideas to photos. She really gives me the courage to keep calm and keep blogging! I have mentioned that she is an aspiring artist so you can check out some of her awesome work here & here.

Til next time!

Love,
Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment